• In the Spotlight:

How to deal with a toddler and another baby on the way?

I have a 15 month old daughter and I recently found out that I am 8 weeks prengant. I wanted to see if I could get any helpful tips.

Mama8681

Asked by Mama8681 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son was four months when I got pregnant with my daughter. They are 13 months apart. When I was in the later months of my pregnancy my son was walking, crawling, and being a general toddler. (Almost toddler) It was tough at times, because it was hard to chase him, pick him up, and get down on the floor with him. However, my son is really easy going, laid back, and listens well, so most days it was easy. However, on the days it was difficult were the days I went to bed incredibly sore, in pain, and feeling like I could sleep for a month. You just have to pick your battles with your toddler. Walk your toddler to the highchair, or crib before you put them in it. That will help ease the pain of always picking them up. Take naps when they take naps, and make sure you take it as easy as possible during MS/Nausea.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• my kids are exactly 3 yrs and 1 week apart. its so hard when you are pregnant to be honest. the biggest thing was i was tired all the time. take naps when your dd sleeps for sure! get her used to doing bigger girl things (but don't rush her to grow up you know?). we read books to my daughter about becoming a big sister. they say to get them a baby doll to help them too. after the baby is born, make sure to have sometimes when your s/o takes care of the baby so you can have some one on one time with the older child and then make sure the same happens for your s/o.
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• my twins were 17 months when i had their baby brother and lemme tell you what, it was hard at times, but it was worth it! the twins took a while to adjust to a new baby but now that he's 8 months old, they all play together and its the most adorable thing i've seen!
    Mavoreen

Answer by Mavoreen at 12:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009