Dumb question? Thought I was 6 weeks but I'm not according to the ultrasound...

Did this happen to you? I may just be worrying because I am extremely high risk but according to my last period I should be about 7 weeks now but the doctor done an ultrasound and he said that I'm not but 4 weeks and 6 days, is this ok or did my baby stop growing at 6 weeks? I am scheduled for another ultrasound in 2 weeks, am I just worrying too much? I had a miscarriage last year and my son was born 4 months early, I have reason to worry but I haven't ever been throught this type of thing... ? :/

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dont worry! If your baby had stopped growing you would have miscarrried already. Just wait until your next ultrasound and they can tell a little better. I am suprised that they saw anything at all on your ultrasound this early so maybe you are further along. I thought they couldnt see anything until 7 weeks or so.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 11:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It's normal for the Ultrasound tech to give you a different reading then what your or the OB's calculations are. My OB (and I thought this before she said so) said not to pay attention to what the OB says. She says they like to think they're right, but usually aren't right. Both of my kids were born within days of the Due Date my OB gave me. The UTech gave DD's a week after the OB's date, so it only confirmed that the UTech doesn't know what they're talking about.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• when i got my first ultra they said i was 7 weeks when i was really 9.. really depends on whose doing it and if they know what they are doing!
    Anonymous

• i went to my ultersound and thought i was 9 weeks and they said i was 6 weeks 5 days this last time i thought i was 6weeks 2 days and turn out i was 5 weeks 5 days and they found a heart beat on the 5 weeks 5 day one of 116 so you never know i dont know they told me i can be differnet cause i have PCOS so i can ovalat at differnet times so you dont know
    Anonymous

• My periods aren't regular but according to when my last period had been they thought I was 11 weeks when I went in for the ultrasound. The ultrasound put me at 8 weeks. My daughter was actually born right in the middle of the two due dates. LOL! The first due date was 8/4, the second 8/27 and she was born on 8/16.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009