When do babies usually outgrow spitting up or reflux?

my 4 month old baby has reflux. i've heard they out grow it by 6 months but i've also heard they don't out grow it til they quit drinking milk. does anyone really know?

hudsondandm

Asked by hudsondandm at 11:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk but i hope my little man grows out of his :(
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Mine quit at 3 months.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It depends on the baby and why they have reflux in the first place. Most do outgrow it by 6 mos or so, but if there is an underlying allergy or other reason for the reflux it can take longer. If you're worried about it, talk to your baby's doctor.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Both of my kids had bad reflux and had to be on Prevacid and Reglan for it. My oldest had silent reflux (horrible burning pain but no throwing up) and my youngest had more typical infant reflux. Both outgrew it when they hit their one year growth spurt and the weak part of the stomach opening developed enough to hold the contents of their stomachs down.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son was about 6 months(he was on Prevacid,) when he finally stopped with the reflux.
    Anonymous