sleep study...

I have to get a sleep study dont but im scared that it wont come out acurate because of the face that im going to have wire stuck to my head & so i wont be sleeping normally. So, my question is, do you think they would know if i took a couple tylonol pm just tp help me get to sleep?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• don't take anything. They are used to people having trouble and they know what to do. They will make you as comfortable as possible. If you were to take anything, it could change the brain patterns they are watching. Call and ask if you can take the Tylenol PM if you want. They can advise you better than we can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Don't take anything!! That will make it very inaccurate! They know you will have wires on your head, they know you'll not be sleeping as well as you would normally, they take that into consideration! You'll only have to do it again if you take medication!
    Anonymous

• Please DON'T take anything I did a sleep study a few summers back it's not the most comfortable thing to sleep with wires but when you get tired enough you will fall asleep. Just bring a few comforts of home Ipod,your own pillow, and good book and a few magazines. Good Luck Hope you get some answers.
    Anonymous

• i recently had a sleep study done and they actually told me to bring any sleep aids that i had with me. i should of becasue the first time i dindt sleep much at all four hrs. the second time i did and slept for six which gave them better results you wont sleep normally wither way you go because of all the wires and stuff just give it your best shot. ask them before you go about sleep aids and see what they say.
    tazamaraz96

Answer by tazamaraz96 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2009