Should this be a dealbreaker?

Let me start off by saying I know what I'm doing is wrong. My MIL has had access to our account since day 1, and hubby never checks his stuff online only she does. So since he refused to have her taken off, I had the password to the online account changed. Now he's asking me for it but she's right next to him and I know he'll give it to her. He says they just want to pay bills so I said let me pay them since I'm your wife. He says if I want to play games he'll have me taken off. He's pretty much chosen that his mom is more important to his finances then me. I'm going to give him the password since it is his account but would this be a dealbreaker for you? I'm tired of having her in our shit all the time and apparently he's not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• He definitely seems like a momma's boy or something. There is no reason she should be involved like that, and he should not be threatening to remove you from the account over her. WOW. That is a total deal breaker with me. I can just imagine how the other things in your life with him are. I suggest you go, while the getting is good.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yup BIG deal breaker for me. She has no right to have that much info about the buisness between you two. Hubby's saying he trusts mommy & not you, may not be what he's trying to communicate but that's it. I wouldn't put up with it!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• well if you have tried to talk to him about this and he just ignores you .. i would tell him that your going to need some time to think about 'us''.. that always gets them going! then maybe he will see just how bad this is affecting you
    Anonymous

• This is so bizarre. He is treating his mother like his wife. I would leave...

Answer by rkoloms at 12:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Is any of her money in the account? Is she helping to support you? Otherwise this is bizarre. Why did you marry him?
    Anonymous

• Um... I would never have married him. A man who gives access to his finances to his mother has far more issues than I can possibly hope to deal with, and it just isn't worth it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, tha'ts weird. "We" want to pay bills? YOU are his wife!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• He can't take you off the account. He'd have to close out the account and start a new one with you not on it. Tell Momma's boy to kiss your....password

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• p.s. those two are sort of freaks huh? He's just way too old to be having mommy do things for him like that. Why is he sitting with her and not home with you? That's just way too creepy for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Start your own account. And don't put him on it.
    Anonymous