Have any of you gone through this?

My son is 11 months and never slept through the night. He eats every three hours during the day and has 3 meals plus snacks. But for some reason the past 4-5 night around 3 am he will wake up and not go back to bed for an hour and a half! Last night he woke up at 2:40 am and didn't go back to bed til' 4 am. As soon as I pick him up he will lay his head on my shoulder and fall back asleep. But when I lay him down, a few minutes later he will wake back up! He tends to be fussy/whiny and then fall asleep and then wake back up and start all over again. I am so confused, I have water for him in his crib and I change his diaper. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have thought it could be his molar because he has already gotten 3 of his 1 year molars and the last one is almost popped out. Also, I have tried taking him to my bed to sleep in my bed but she will just lay there and play...He naps 1-2 times a day for 30-60 min.

Ctepanee

Asked by Ctepanee at 12:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 4 year old never slept through the night until earlier this year. Even now, he still wakes up twice a week in the middle of the night. Do not put her in your bed. That is a hard habit to break kids from. If you must, just lay on her floor until she falls asleep. Keep the room as dark as possible, and do not turn on the TV or play with him. Limit talking, too. Only go to him 2 times when he wakes up. Each time, let him know that he needs to go back to sleep. If you've done everything you can, then you;ll simply have to let him get himself back to sleep. I do not mean let him cry it out and ignore him. Just don't pick him or engage him unless he really needs care. Stay near him, but not all over him.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Sounds like my daughter. She did this until she was 13 months old. Then, she finally one night just decided to sleep through the night and then did it from there on. There was nothing different I did to make her sleep through the night, she just did it on her own. GL!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My daughter is 11 months old till this day she doesn't sleep through the night it could be that he is hungry? I give my daughter a bottle when she wakes she eats then goes back to sleep. Try putting him on his stomach...that's what I have been doing works well.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 2:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009