How long til you lost the baby weight?

I breastfeed, so i guess I had expectations that i would lose it all right away as people had said. But I think i just haven't been able to excersize much. I've hardly gone to Yoga since my 8th month of pregnancy. Now baby girl is 8 months old and I am still 20lbs over my prepregnacny weight! How did you work in excersize, especially if you are breasfeeding and don't believe in CIO?

earthmama727

Asked by earthmama727 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• I lost all my weight after 6 months and I EBF and did not use the CIO method. But, I think its a joke how women say if you breast feed you will lose the weight. I believe you have to eat right and exercise to lose the weight. I also think yoga is a joke too! Yes, its good for stretching and muscle building, but you need to do some cardio to lose those pounds! There is ALWAYS time for exercise, no matter how busy you are. Park far away when you go places so you have farther to walk. Bundle your LO up (or where I live you want have to do that, its warm out) and take a walk 'cause you know she will love being outside and the change of scenery. Do exercises while holding your baby like lunges, lift her up and down, ect. Lots of little exercises I do while holding my baby makes her laugh. But, yeah pretty much its going to take eating healthy and exercise to lose that weight. Also I drank ONLY water.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I lost it all in just 4 months, but i did breastfed, counted calories and exercised. I weigh less now then I did before I got pregnant, but still dont fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes the same way. No more low rise jeans for me! Can you say muffin top!
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I formula feed and with both it came off right after birth. Then again, I don't gain more than the suggested amount =x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'll let you know when it happens.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I was pre pregnacy weight at about 5 months. I EBF and didnt use CIO. I just put my Ds in his carrier that straped to me and went walking for about an hour a day untill he started getting to heavy and hurting my back then I put him in his stroller and jogged. I never ate heathly. I personally think the EBF had a lot to do with loosing most of the weight. I am actually skinnier than pre pregnacy except I still have a belly though. I dont think it's ever gonna go away.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My son is 8 months old and I still have the extra weight...lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• DS is four months and I just weighed myself and found that Im at my prepregnancy weight. So that in itself felt great! But I dont feel the same as I did. Im a lot softer which is driving me crazy. Im thinking a good workout is in order.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'm still waiting for it to fall off. It's been 14 years.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• LOL mompam!! I read somewhere that about 10 pounds of pregnancy weight, espeically if you're breastfeeding, will stick around for a while. Not sure why, but it may be the body's mechanisms for ensuring you have enough fat to take care of both you and baby. I lost all but 10 pounds in 6 weeks, and the last 10 pounds will not go away. If I dip below, I have the worst cravings for sugar and carbs you wouldn't believe.

I have exercised-- with baby in my arms. He's a 12 pound weight that I carry up and down the stairs, do lunges with, and do bicep curls. I haven't had a second to go to the gym, but a wriggling baby is sometimes better!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Well, i gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy, and lost 40 of it within 3 weeks. I'm now 9 weeks postpartum, and I've only lost another 3..so I'm 7 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. It's coming off, but slowly now. Still, I'm not gonna complain! I was scared i'd have a lot more left than I do.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009