For those who have the Mirena IUD... TMI

Ive had the Mirena for 15 months. The first 2 months of having it I did have a period and then after the 1st 2 months I have not had a period untill now. For the past 2 months I have had this weird white thick discharge that come and goes for about 1 week out of the month. The past 3 days I have had a light dark colored period and along with it Ive been very very moody and edgy, my breast are tender, back cramps, dizzy spells, I just feel weird and tired. I know its normal to not have a period with the Mirena but is this normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• I have very light periods every few months or so sometimes longer, I dont feel when they happen but its usually dark colored, yet not enought to go through my undies. cramping i have felt on occassion sometimes severe cramping. But I think u should have the breast tenderness checked out and the dizzy spells this could be sympotoms of something else? ive had my mirena for a little over 2 yrs now.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• sounds like it. if something was wrong you'd be in aot of pain
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Well that is not normal for me. If it is not normal for you call your doctor.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• OP here.....Im just trying to figure out if its normal to have period like symptems and actual light bleeding after not having a period at all for 14 months. Do you just have a period whenever it feels like coming?
    Anonymous

• Not sure. When mine fell out I had a normal period followed by find out I was pregnant the month after that. The 18 months it was in though I didn't have a period so I just thought that it was catching up with me, plus I never could feel the strings and had the mind set of why pay the dr big bucks each month to check it for me?
    Anonymous

• By the way, when mine fell I out I had no idea. I never felt it come out, never had cramps to make me think something was wrong, never saw it or anything.
    Anonymous

• OP here-I havent felt my strings in about 2 months or so. I just thought maybe it moved up or over or something. lol. Ive heard it was normal to not feel your strings but now youve got me wondering... Oh lordy. Is it normal to not be able to feel your strings after having the mirena for many months? I know I just need to go to the doctor and in which I am next month. Im just curious what other woman have exp. with the mirena.
    Anonymous

• Well, for me I never could, I was told that I should be able to feel them, so I'm not sure how many women out there couldn't feel their strings.
    Anonymous