What can I do???

Ok I am trying to decide on a bide/groom dance and was thinking Oklahoma Girl by Eli Young Band... But here is the deal... The Father Daughter dance....My daddy broke his neck last year which will be almost 2 and a half years when my wedding date is here.... He CANT walk without a walker but is going to try to do it to walk me down the isle.. I would love to have the dance with my daddy but I am afraid that he will get depressed when the time comes for the dance.... How can I still have the dance with my dad? My dad is my step dad but has always treated me like blood and I love my daddy with all my heart..... Has anyone got any ideas? *saddend by this*

aquarianmom69

Asked by aquarianmom69 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is it important to actually dance to you, because if not there are more possibilites. You could choose a song and then have a video created with various pictures of you and him thoughout the years play to that song. That would show everyone how much he means to you and still give you a moment with him. You need to be able to project it on to a screen. Then have the photographer capture his expressions as it plays. That's what my friend did, her father passed away 8 months before she got married and that's how she incorporated him into that moment, but obviously she didn't get the picture.

But check with him and see what he thinks would work or if he has any ideas. He's probably worring about it too.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It is sad. If he has the spunk, though, to walk you down the aisle, then he'll be able to dance with you, too, even using the walker. You and he will figure something out, even just swaying gently on the dance floor. Best of luck to you.

Answer by Bmat at 12:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• awh. i'm sorry. but i'm so happy for you guys that you're getting married. ummm well...my solution would be to pick a shorter song and then not really move/move but still dance.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yea he has the spunk its just whether or not his legs will hold up... We still have 6 months to figure it out but it just weighs on my mind..... =(
    aquarianmom69

Answer by aquarianmom69 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We went Christmas shopping for my son and mother and we were talking about it and the only reason it worries me is because he is having problems controlling his right arm..(thanks to the permanent spinal cord injury...) He thinks he can do and I hope he can....
    aquarianmom69

Answer by aquarianmom69 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009