Dr. Brown bottles

I just bought a set of three for around $13 and I'm not sure I like them or they're even working for my son who has colic and acid reflux. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?? What are your likes and dislikes ladies? Did they work for your baby?

Jacki88

Asked by Jacki88 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • No they did not work for my daughter and we tried using them for 3 months. They were a waste of my money.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 12:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I had them for my son too. I didn't feel like they helped him at all, and really I don't think they are worth what you have to pay for them. I mostly used the Johnson's health flow bottles and they seemed to work best for my son, he also had colic.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I got them as a gift from my baby shower. To be honest, I don't know if they really work or not. My daughter has never had problems such as acid reflux or anything like that. Damn expensive 4 bottles, if ya ask me.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• They're a pain in the butt to keep clean with all those little parts.

Playtex drop-ins are tons cheaper and easier.
    Anonymous

• They worked for me when I used them.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• They are great. My daughter has no more acid reflux since we started using them. I love them, so worth the extra couple bucks.
    LSteckowski

Answer by LSteckowski at 1:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I thought they worked really well for some of the babies I kept in my church nursery so I bought them for my last baby. She was breastfed and NEVER used them. Talk about a waste of money! LOL!

The only complaint I have with them is that if you don't put the plastic disc on before you put on the nipple they spill, and I mean the entire bottle will spill in your diaper bag if the bottle is not completely upright at all times! If you do remember the plastic disc, you have to remember to take it out before you give the bottle to the baby, or you will have a mad baby : )
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• They're a pain in the butt to disassemble and hand wash. Dishwasher is okay, I guess. But I hated them when we used them. We only used them occassionally for 4 months, but I realized bottles weren't worth the hassle.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2009