How much money do you plan to spend on your kids for Christmas this year?

I was just writing down what I wanted for my kids (twin b/g 2 yrs old) and my husband thought it was too much money. In total it was $325 for BOTH kids. Am I overdoing it?

gummylump

Asked by gummylump at 12:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• We spent $100 on my daughter, but that's only 'cause she has almost outgrown her infant carseat and needs a new one.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Everyone keeps telling me I spent way too much on my son. I spent about $600 so far, he has 34 gifts under the tree but I still have to get stocking stuffers. I say do what you can do. If you can afford it go for it. This is my son's first Christmas and for once I had extra money and I spent it all on him. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as your bills are paid and you have food on the table, spend what you can.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think 325 for two kids is very resonable, we have 3 kids and spend about $200 each on them (ages 11,8,and 5) I am spending a little more this year because my mom added $100 per child to help since they are older and $200 doesnt go as far as it used to when they were little. I also compare my list to the ads every week, I buy the thingsi know are hot items first and then catch the other stuff on sale. Last year i was able to get many of the items much cheaper by watching the ads and using % off your purchase coupons at different stores.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Sounds reasonable to me. I'm spending around $250 on my dd, but that's mainly because we bought her a new toddler bed and other things for her room. If you have the money for it and all your bills are paid first, then go for it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• All of our gifts are bought already, and I honestly have no idea how much I spent. I'd estimate I've easily spent around $400 on my two kids and a little over $300 for my parents.
    Anonymous

• I am done with my kids gifts and we spent around 200-220 on each one. They each get 3 from Santa and 3 from us....plus stocking stuffers.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We spend roughly $200 per child, we have three kids. No, I don't think you over did it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'll spend about $100, but the way I shop that means he gets about $300 worth of stuff.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• too much... I always spend to much. I set a budget and then i still go over board. Part if it is because of layaway and the other part is I start shopping in like February... I think I have spent about 400-500 between the 2 kids but the Wii is for the whole family from Santa and about 100 of it was from me selling their old toys. I think you did fine. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• 2 million give or take 500k.lol
    Anonymous