Turkey Bone Soup

Are you making it this year? What do you put in yours?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make turkey soup every Friday after thanksgiving...I boil the bones for a few hours in chicken broth and water, I throw in an onion, some celery and carrots, poultry seasoning, peppercorns, maybe a chicken boullion cube or two.... then I strain it all out in cheese cloth and remove as much fat as I can, then I add lots of chopped onions, celery and carrots...while that cooks, I pick through the bones for good meat to throw back in... then at the end I put in egg noodles, season with S&P if needed...oh and a Tablespoon of butter at the end too. I portion it all out and freeze. Yum!

I do the exact same thing when I make my chicken soup, which I do several times a winter, but I start with 3 large chicken breasts on the bone instead of the turkey carcass. Comes out great every time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I actually made it lastnight! it was SOO good! I put in poultry seasoning, salt,pepper,egg noodles,carrots,celery onion,a little potato. Mmmmmm
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 1:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'm boiling my bones now. I was thinking rice and carrots and cream of mushroom soup this year...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I am boiling my bones now. I am going to use the left over green beans and sweat potatoe. It smells great right now.
    jgl3g

Answer by jgl3g at 3:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009