How do I make it easier for my 2 year old daughter to go to her dna dads?

She always cames back clingy, fussy, and she will not do what she is told it takes me a week to get her happy again and then she has to go again.

loveslovesmom

Asked by loveslovesmom at 12:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• her "dna dads?!" that's a new one. (rolls eyes) how does someone go from being good enough to have unprotected sex with to not being fit to raise a child with in such a short amount of time? i'll never understand it.

i have no doubt your "dna child" is picking up on the stress in your having to send her to her "dna dads." she probably thinks she is being punished since you're not thrilled at having to deal with dna daddy--which is why she is so clingy afterwards--much to say, i'll be good, don't send me back!
    Anonymous

• Discuss dispclipne and routines with dna dad, also update on developments and favorite toys. Send something of yours along with her like an inexpensive bracelet or a laminated picture of you that she can look at to feel closer to you while she is there.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Find out why she doesn't want to go. There's a reason beyond just wanting to stay with you. When my son was 3 (dad and I were split) I worked at a day care, he had snack at 3, but by the time I got home at 6 he was hungry and would want his dad. After the second time I started to bring a snack for him right before we left the day care and he stopped wanting to go to his dads. Instead of telling me he was hungry he wanted his dad. He wasn't the only kid that was hungry at the end of the day. I had a couple of parents ask me if their kid really did eat and how much because they were hungry at like 5:30. I guess the snacks really didn't stick with the kids.
    Anonymous

• dna dads.. cute.. I say boy sperm donor..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• 2 y/o is a clingy age. If she only sees her bio dad after couple of weeks, then she gets out of her routine. By the time she's learned the "new rules" or lack thereof at his house, it's time to come home. Just make sure that she feels safe, loved, and secure when she returns and eventually things will even out. Yes, btw, she's sure to pick up on your feelings about her dad, and may think he's a "bad" person. Regardless of how things went down with you two, it's important to speak kindly about her dad around her. She may start thinking when she's older that she's bad, too, since she's his daughter, too. I'm sorry that you are having these stresses, I can't imagine packing up my 2 y/o to stay with anyone, much less someone that I had a hard time respecting. It must be an awful situation. Hang in there, though. This too shall pass. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Do you refer to yourself as the dna mom?? Maybe your attitude has something to do with it??
    Anonymous

• He would refer to HER as the dna mom. Really people, get off it.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009