After baby has heartbeat what are the odds of a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage in January and now am prego again I heard risk goes down after you have a confimed heartbeat..I;m REALLY scared..

Asked by TheMiracleBaby at 11:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I miscarried my first child, and the next two came out fine. After week 12 the risk goes down draumatically. Just try to relax, unfortunately aside from all the common healthy things you should do during pregnancy, there is not much you can do to prevent it. Just keep your appointments with your doctor. You can also buy or rent a monitor so you can listen to the baby's heart beat at home whenever you want. I had one during my second pregnancy and it really helped calm my fears.

Answer by sapient at 11:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• during the first trimester your at the most risk of miscarriage so during the first 3 monthes

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My doctor told me that once you hear the heartbeat the risk goes down from something like 50% to 3% so much much lower.

Answer by rasbneon at 11:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• it depends on how far along you are. My first m/c was at 6 weeks but my second was at 10 with the second I was going in every week for ultrasounds with heart beats. The doctor says that once you get to the point where they can hear the heart beat on the outside with the doppler (btwn. 10-12 weeks) then the chance for a m/c isat about 1%. Good Luck I understand your fears Im currently 7 weeks along after my 2 m/c and am very scared, but as I was told the best thing at this point is TRY to relax. Good Luck!!

Answer by jorbear at 5:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008