Could my hair be falling out because I don't drink enough water or is there another reason?

I pulled my hair back last night and I barely have any hair left in certain spots, I barely pull on it and it comes out.. I am so scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Have you recently given birth or stopped breast feeding? Those things can change your hormones and make your hair fall out like crazy! I dunno about almost bald spots though. the term for that would be alopesia maybe you can look it up and see if anything they say fits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• did you recently have a baby? you will lose a lot of hair after giving birth. but it shouldnt be like you are balding. it could also be a nutrition thing. are you eating well? if concerned call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• It could be stress also. I know my beautican tell me to drink plenty of water and vitam E help with my hair growth and to have healthy hair. But I was stress out some much one time my hair was fallen out alot. I went to the doctor and he told me that stress is factor for hairloss. So maybe you should talk with you doctor to make sure its not nothing else and about stress. If thats not the problem then water and vitams E is a big help it has done mircles for me.
    Wish you well and hope you get the help you need..
    lovlyB

Answer by lovlyB at 1:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Thanks ladies.. I haven't had a baby recently but I am going to look up a couple of the other things you all have suggested.
    Anonymous

• What about your stress level? Could also be lack of proper nutrition. Mine used to do it until I found Herbalife!
    klmoffit

Answer by klmoffit at 1:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't eat very healthy at all... I will try looking into that too. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• you could take multi vitamins...my hair started falling out because i dyed it too much, now i dye it every once a year or so.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• you should get some blood work done. you might be anemic.
    michele101183

Answer by michele101183 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• If you're recently had a baby, that can cause hair loss. Patchy hair loss can be caused by thyroid issues, which also sometimes develop after pregnancy. I would get a blood test to rule out some basic issues.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I lost lots of hair when I was on the depo birth control shot.
    Anonymous