Did I blow it out of proportion, or would you have been upset too?

We went to my BIL's for Thanksgiving, we didn't want to go, but we went for my MIL and FIL's sake ( they're nice people). My BIL's wife is a witch, to put it nicely, and she asked me to help my other SIL (hubby's sister) to dry dishes after dinner. I had no problem with this, but then she proceeded to rip me a new one because she didn't like the way I was drying the dishes!! Bear in mind, she could have just used paper plates and plastic cups instead of fancy dishes and silverware so she would have been able to spend more time visiting with the family instead of getting stressed about cleaning up. Also bear in mind that she has 3 daughters and my other SIL has 3 daughters who are age 16-21, more than able to clean up the kitchen, but they were in the living room watching tv! I finally told my SIL if she didn't like what I was doing to dry the dishes herself.Was I out of line? My husband said she was being rude as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes she was out of line. You were a guest. Her children should have done the dishes.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yea she was being rude. If she wanted it done her way she should have done it herself. I just wouldn't go back over there if I were you.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I would have said the same thing.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

I would LOVE to never go over there again! My husband didn't want to go either. We are the black sheep of the family as far as his brother and sister go. As I said, the only reason we went was because of my MIL and FIL. They are nice people and would have been heartbroken if we didn't go. It's not fair to them or my kids to keep them from their grandparents because the rest of the family is rude.We only get invited to their house for Thanksgiving and birthday parties anyway, it's not like we just go hang out with them.
    Anonymous

• I so would have done that.
    Anonymous

• Yes she was rude. Maybe she should have asked the kids to do the dishes, but she didn't. I think for the sake of your husband you should have said nothing and tried to dry them to her standards. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 2:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

I don't think anyone COULD dry them to her standards. She's a snotty anal retentive pain in the butt and that's putting it politely. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back as far as her nasty comments to me. You don't know the half of it!! There's a long history of her crappy treatment of us and I'm sick of biting my tongue and I"m not going to do it anymore.
    Anonymous