if you lived out on a farm (which was no longer a up and running with farm duties) what animal would you like to get?

maybe its an animal you'd like to raise and sell?
maybe its an animal that would suit you best with supplying a certain good? chickens = eggs. pigs =pork...and so on.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If your considering buying animals to raise for yourself, you need to consider many different things. Depending on how hard of a worker, how much time you have to spare, money you have, and determination you have should help you choose the correct type of animal. If you love money, Beef cows are the ticket, especially Black Angus because they are the top choice for market. Don't you always hear "Angus beef". Horses are going to cost you an arm and a leg for keep up, food, shots, and especially time, riding them, cleaning them and their stalls, people who have horses will look at your horses and be able to tell if your taking care of them or not (wierd but so true). Goats are extremely smart and funny, they are said to think they are dogs. You will have to watch though because they eat everything and anything. Goats are also excellent escapees, you will constantly have to update your fences.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I would want a milk cow and goat. I dunno why but I like goats. :0) Chickens would be nice to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Cows! I love cows and theyre fairly low maintenance. We always had cows growing up and now when I drive out to the farm, I get sad that there arent any.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Easy I would want a Llama. I have loved them since that sketch they did (Not sure if it was Seasame Street or 3-2-1 Contact or the Electric Company) about a girl taking her live llama to the dentist. I still hear that song in my head "Me and My Llama, Me and My Llama, we're going to the dentist today-ay-ay.) Yes, she walked a llama down a busy city street and took it to have its teeth cleaned. This would have been in the the late 70's. I am a bit fonder of camels but they aren't as prevalent in Ohio. I do know of several llama farms here though.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Goats!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• cows, just because they are cute :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• chickens and a cow. I hope to own my own farm someday, and those will be my first two purchases :)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Don't want a goat. The billies pee on their faces and then rub on you. When they get excited, they butt you in the knees. We had 13 horses, 50 cows, 56,000 chickens, and 1000 pigs. The horses were the cleanest (well, you keep them clean with a lot of work, but still clean). Cows trample around in the mud and smell bad. Ditto on the pigs.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• NONE! i live in front of a cow farm I am good on any stinky animals..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Chickens(to eat ticks), cow(for the milk and calves to slaughter), and 3 horses(one for each of us to ride)
    Now granted I do live on a former farm and we are slowly buying animals, so maybe I wasn't the best to answer the question! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009