thrush question

Can thrush go away by itself? I swear I have thrush and some people on here have confirmed but this morning I was able to hand express with no pain. I haven't tried feeding on that side yet today but was wondering if it could have gone away.

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dunno. I am sure there are home remedies out there that may or may not work (my friend is sears on lemon-owe)but my son had to go on an oral anti fungal and I used an over the counter anti fungal after each feeding, wiping it off with alcohol before each feeding. On meds it took about 3-4 days to clear up completely.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't know, to me it was always better to go to the dr!
    Anonymous

• You can try this site. I personally just went to the doctor but if you want to try home remedies then I guess there is no harm in it...

fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 1:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Get a probiotic powder. Sprinkle it on your nipples just before nursing. When the baby is finished, rub breastmilk on your nipples and let them air dry. Sprinkle on more probiotic.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• If yoyou think you have aan imbalance of yeast, get on a probiotic. It works better then anything... Even if you don't have any "symptoms" of a yeast infection, a probiotic is a good way to keep all those flora balanced.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009