hello , my daughter is 3 months old, and she just got done with her antibotics last tuesday and even since shes been done with it she has been coughing , and today when she coughed it sounded like she has some crap down in there that she cant get out , what should i do. im a first time mommmy.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her to the Doctor.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 1:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• why was she on an antibiotic?
    is she drinking okay? can you use the nose syringe and suction out any mucous and do you have a vaporizer that you can use?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• she was on antibotics for bronchitis ( upper respirtory ) crap. i have tried the nose syringe ,but i cant get anything out. . and we have been to the dr. everytime she gets sick and its really starting to crazy. we dont know what else to do. any adivce for us.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• OK, I looked at your profile. If she is recovering from bronchitis I would take her temperature and call the doctor to report the way the cough sounds.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• her temp is just fine through.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I sent you a private message.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• have her checked for asthma...my son was misdiagnosed with baby bronchitis...he was fine when on antibiotics then as soon as he was off of them he got sick again and again...i went to several diff doctors...and it took him to be almost hospitalized after 5 months of trying to find what was wrong with my son....i finally called his doctor and said "i think he has asthma" i got there and he was weazing so bad he had to be put on oxygen right then....then they had the nerve to tell me " dont let him get this bad again" i was enraged. i had been trying for months to get them and many other doctors to listen to me. had they listened to me about his symptoms, we would not have gone thru that. (sorry i started venting) any ways. have him checked. sounds just like how my sons started.
    Anonymous

• pp here..and when my sons asthma flair up it is not weazing persay it is a cough....a labored cough....
    Anonymous

• All medical questions should be called in to your pediatrician. There is no way we can know what is wrong with her and what for you to do.
    Anonymous

• We have no pediatrician., we have been taking her to the dr, even since shes been born. and its getting crazy.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009