Sick, may miss appt. question?

My son has an appt with his doctor tomorrow and I have been way sick. If I am still sick, I really want to reschedule. I know that they have a $50 reschedule fee, has anyone had to pay that for missed appts.? It states that they MAY charge. I also think that the dr. is great and don't want us blacklisted. Is it a big deal at your childs dr.? I would have given notice, but they have been closed since Friday at 5p.

jalex

Asked by jalex at 2:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call and tell them that you are really sick and would like to reschedule, and ask if they are going to charge you. Ask before they take you off the list though. They may not because it's out of your control that you couldn't give proper notice.
    Anonymous

• i say call first thing in the morning and tell them... like person above said...ask if they are going to charge you first and explain that you couldn't call sooner because of the holidays.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• They probably won't want you to come in anyhow if you are sick. I would call the answering service that the doctor has and ask them what you should do. They have instructions on what to do normally in situations like this.
    Anonymous

• my dr. will only charge if you have had a no call no show more than twice. I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago. they were more than happy to give me a new appt. it was for her well-check so they didnt want her anywhere around other kids being sick!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 2:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You call in and tell them you can't make it because YOU are sick. You reschedule. If they charge you the fee, you fight it. Pure and simple. You have an excuse, it's not like you're just not showing up or canceling because you feel like doing so.
    Anonymous

• I think the more notice you give the better. Things do happen. It's the people that call 30 mins out to say 'oh I forgot!' that they want to stop.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Call them as soon as you can (leave a message now, in fact, if they have an answering machine and invite messages, so you are on record as having called early.) But anyway call as soon as the office opens and explain that you simply don't feel that you would be safe driving as sick as you feel.

Answer by Bmat at 3:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Our ped's office has the same policy, but I had to cancel it last week because my DS was throwing up. They just moved it to another day without a charge. If you or your child is sick what else can you do?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Call and leave a message now, and then as soon as they open. Tell them you're sick. They probably would RATHER you reschedule!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Leave a message with the answering service or call right away in the morning.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009