Which would be more uncomfortable...?

This is totally just for fun and not meant to be taken seriously, so keep your answers kind, please. A friend and I were talking the other day about which of these situations we thought would be more uncomfortable:
1) A rich, well-educated socialite at a party way out in the boondocks
OR
2) A poor, uneducated country bumpkin at a highbrow affair

Which do you think would be more uncomfortable and why?

jessradtke

Asked by jessradtke at 2:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well both situations are not fitting in... it doesnt matter where you are from and who you are --- it comes down to how much the individuals like themselves. if you really like yourself, you care less about everyone else accepting you.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• lol probably the rich one.

Personally ive met people like this that are WAY more self conscious and uncomfortable around people who are in a different social class.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• number 1 ---- person a would likely be full of themselves and think they are better than the "country bumpkins"
    person number 2 while might feel bad would likely have a back bone of steel and tell every one of them off.
    Anonymous

• I am going to say it would be equally uncomfortable, I agree with tntmom the rich upperclass seem to not do well anytime they are in these situations where those who are just your everyday country folk tend to be more accepting of any social status, in both situations I think it would be the rich person who felt uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• It would be more uncomfortable to be the country bumpkin, lol. At least if you're well educated you have that advantage, even if they don't like you because you're rich. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• 1) I think it would be harder for a rich, well educated person, to be comfortable mingling at a party with a lower class of people. they have a tendency to look down on our kind.

Answer by louise2 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think there isn't an easy answer. It depends on the person. Well-to-do people that I have known are very gracious and able to fit in anywhere with good humor. The uneducated rustic person may well be fascinating to listen to and might fit right in, perhaps having no self-consciousness about class distinctions.

Answer by Bmat at 3:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• number two, I think it is easier to let go and blend in at a boondock party then the other one... at a boondocks party no one cares what you look like or were your from, they are all there just to let loose andhave fun.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Id be more uncomfy seeing a rich person because Id be waiting for her to judge everyone.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think #2 Rich people tend to look down on the country bumpkin.
    Anonymous