i am 30 yrs old and having a nervous breakdown

Alright this may sound weird but 2 weeks ago my age started bugging me I started fearing death thinking of how old my parents grandparents my husband and myself are fearing death I have never had this problem, and for some rason I cant get it out of my head I have a 5 yr. old Is this normal, and how or what to come to grips that everyone will go?????

jen2330

Asked by jen2330 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its normal but if you start really obsessing about it you should talk to a doctor.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• you could be developing and anxiety disorder, you should talk to your doctor.
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'm pretty sure it's normal. I'm 25, but I've felt the exact same way. The fact that death for myself and those love is inevitable is what terrifies me. It's like I have no control, there is no way to stop it, and the thought of being without those I love most is almost more than I can comprehend. For example, I'm extremely close to my parents, and the thought of them not being here one day, which is bound to happen, is almost enough to make me go into a full-blown panic attack if I truly think about it. I've just learned that since it is out of my control, that I have to live in the present, and push the bad thoughts out of my mind. I don't wanna waste the time I have worrying. If you're religious of spiritual, turn to that, that can help. I've almost wondered if I'll eventually need to go to some sort of therapy before my parents die, to teach me how to eventually cope. I'm terrified of it happening. You're not the only one
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I know how you feel, I have done this too myself. My parents are both deceased and I only have one living grandparent. I agree with op if you keep feeling this way you may even want to try going to a counselor. I just try to think of it like this. You never know what tomorrow may bring so try and make the most of every day. Hope you start to feel better soon. :)
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Nothing you can really do about it. It will happen when ever. That feeling hit me at 40 I thought for sure I would die right then and there. As we get older the feeling can increase. I try to make peace with LIFE, nothing we can do except enjoy the moment. Yesterday is gone tomorrow is not here, What you do today is all you really have. People much younger than us have died and some a lot older. I just think if you are OK with how you are today and not focus on the end you will be fine. PS I'm 60
    Anonymous

• I had the same fear after i found my mom dead in my bedroom (she was only 46). I'm only 22. she died 4 days before my birthday. But i had really irrational fears of myself dying or losing one of my children or my IL's or my husband. It was like all i thought about. I didn't mean to think that way of course.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Maybe your thoughts are being pulled in this direction for a purpose, perhaps there is a void in your spiritual life that needs attention, JMO.

A big part of religion is preparing ourselves for whatever may be beyond the grave.  We don't fear death so much if we look at it as a doorway.

shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 6:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have that same fear from time to time. It is then that I have to refocus and regroup my thoughts and take a look at all that is good around me.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You could die at any age of your life, think of it this way, you were at least blessed to be on this earth for 30 years, think of how many people were not as lucky as you. Don't Fear Death, when God is ready to take you, accept it.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Educate yourself on what death is. Maybe you are affraid because you are not sure what is going to happen.
    Eccl. 9:5: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.”
    Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts [“thoughts,” KJ, 145:4 in Dy; “all his thinking,” NE; “plans,” RS, NAB] do perish.”
    John 11:11-14: “‘Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.’ . . . Jesus said to them outspokenly: ‘Lazarus has died.’” (Also Psalm 13:3)
    Anonymous