How was I wrong but what she did was okay?

We were at the playground this morning. My daughter is just turned 3 and newly potty trained. therefore I get all of about 30 seconds notice before she pees. She runs up to me and says she has to go so I run her well away from the play area to squat in the grass(bathrooms are 1/2 mile away) where no one plays or sits I get glares from every direction. This other girl about my daughters same age maybe older runs to her mom about 10 min later screaming she needs to pee. while the mother starts strapping her infant into the stroller her daughter pees a huge puddle on the sidewalk right by the entrance running into the wood chips where kids do play and children crawl and everything else. This mom gets 'awe the poor thing she just couldn't hold it. huh?' What the Hell? Her kids pees a flood on the playground and it's cute mine pees away form everyone and it's a nuisance? Really?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh jeez... some of these Moms must have very young kids that are still diapers or do not go out in public much.... really its urine, not poop. There is pee everywhere in nature- dogs, cats, wild animals- its basically sterile and I can not imagine how a small kid peeing in the grass is any big deal. Do you think this is going to lead to her peeing in the grass when she is 10 or 12- lighten up! Seriously? A little one peeing in the grass is such an outrageous act? Many of you are in for some big surprises as your kids get older... you need to pace yourself-Motherhood is a long, bumpy road!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• people are so nervy and stupid... Just ignore them... i do the same thing when i bring my daughter to the park because they have no bathroom at all there!
    Anonymous

• I'll bet if any of the glaring people thought about it, they would do the same as you. The only other thing I could think of would be to hide her "going" behind a bush or the stroller, still out in an unused area just as you did.

Answer by Bmat at 3:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I think it was more of the nerve of you pulling down your daughters pants and lettin her pee outside a bathroom vs trying to hold it and not mooning people. Doesn't matter. Don't feel bad about what you do.
    Anonymous

• I think you did the right thing! I'm the mother of boys and we go behind the bushes all the time! (well, not ALL the time) When they have to go, they have to go! Your child got to continue to play, her child had to go home and change clothes AND the stoller was ruined for the day. No doubt, you did the best thing in that situation.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have 4 kids, and 5 grandkids....I have done this with all of them. When they gotta go they gotta go!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 3:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Did anyone actually say anything to you about your child peeing in the grass? They could've been looking out of curiosity and not actually judging you. It happens that children have accidents, and what happened to her daughter wasn't anyone's fault. Do you feel guilty for what you chose to do with your child, or are you just upset that she didn't do what you did? Either way, neither of you were in the wrong. It happens and sometimes you just can't get them to the bathroom fast enough.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Don't sweat it. You did the right thing.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My 10 year old STILL waits until the last minute! I have had to pull over on the shoulder of the road for him to go. When they have to go, they have to go. If people glare, let them glare or yell "pervert" maybe that would shake them up. On second thought, don't do that!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i amsure with my boy people would have no problem... but women pee more! that isnt fair.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2009