Would you tell the mom of the kids you babysit....

that there socks are xtra small on all her three kids feet?Or that if she minds washing her kids clothes so they dont smell like OLD PEE?Or that maybe the reason her son doesnt talk is becuase the poor little guy tries to say a word and the first thing she does is stick a pacifier in his mouth so he doenst wine?!Or even that the carseats original color is PINK and not brown with black,red spots!?OR maybe if she would mind putting them sweaters when its 25degrees outside?!?!then she wonders why they gewt sick?
My one year old says more words then the 2 1/2 yr old says becuase mom but the pacifier so he doesnt move his tongue at all!I dont plan on saying anything but the least thing i can do is clean the pink carseat see if it goes back to pink and just say i dropped soda in it and had to wash it.

Shes really nice person but why not pay attention to your kids????
Any bad expierences what the moms of the kids u babysit??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yeah you are right there really isn't much you can say or do about this. My first thought was to say you should stop watching them, but now that I think about it, I think you are probably the best thing these poor kids have. I guess whatever you can give them is at least something.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 3:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Maybe ask her to bring them a warmer jacket so you guys can go outside to play some time?
    Anonymous

• I thought about stop babysiting but like you said i might be the best thing they have right now, which seems like it is that way. poor kids eat at my house like they've never eaten at home before. The 2 1/2 still on diapers with rashes and she doesnt think is time is time to potty train. At the begining she would whine and cry about everything and wouldnt talk but i would tell her to stop crying and whining ans TELL ME what she wants. Now a few days ago her mom said to me that she noticed her kids are actually using words to communicate instead of crying! I was a 18 yr old mother pretty young but i worked and went to school but would rarly left my kid alone while i go hav fun. I taught my kid how to be independent and to speak up.my husband is suprise in how much diference is between the kids i take care and mine.I just hope they learn here as much as they can becuase there is no hope in learning at home for them
    Anonymous

• Ive asked her to bring cold jackets even in extra change of clothes to change them after they been playing outside and go inside dirty. i end up putting sweater and jackets on them that are my older kids clothes. I take them showers comb hair and gice the breakfast lunch and diner beacse they do stay a few days and week and 12 hours at a day
    Anonymous

• I would wonder if there were finacial troubles at home because of the clothes, and not wanting to ask or let people know. Maybe she doesn't have the money to clean them either? As for the talking, maybe she's so stressed that she don't want to deal with them?? I don't know and I'm not making excuses, just trying to think of why some one would be like this....
    Anonymous

• What do you mean "I don't plan on saying anything?" Those children are being neglected, you NEED to say something. Yes, they get the proper care when they're with you, but they need proper care 24/7. If they can't get that care at home, then CPS needs to investigate the situation. You are aware of the problem and you don't plan on saying anything about it? You're assiting in her neglecting her children. It doesn't matter how nice the women is. Her personality and character aren't going to change those diapers, feed those children, teach those children. She can't smile her way through raising these kids. You need to stand up for those children, since their parent clearly will not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• sounds like it boarderlines on child neglect.

sounds like talking to someone else would do more good than talking to her. But I would suggest you talk to her. It will probably take more than one talking to. and at some point you might let her know what child neglect is and what it can lead to (loosing her kids)
    Anonymous

• Well it could be fincancial problems but both of them have really good jobs . But who knows i think she is stressed but not paying attention to her kids?a few days ago she had said she was sent home from work becuase she had a fever only worked maybe 4 hours and was sent home and as soon as she got home she got ready and left with some frends sent me a text message saying "at home sick ill pick them up at the same time" this was around 1pm kids had been at home since 630am and were to picked up at 7 30. She was so sick that went out...mean while poor kids crying fir there 'momma" when they remember .fiar for the kids? they miss mom they need attention but they do need some straightening also
    Anonymous

• JAZZ she might not pay much attention to her kids. but i have not seen her hurt her kids in any shape or form execpt not putting on sweater when they need to or potty training them. LIKE I SAID both her and her husband have really buzy and wierd job hours. If i see that the kids are being beaten starved then i will do something about it. Im mad that just simple things that she doesnt do...IM NOT AN ACCESORIE TO ANYBODY i would be the first one to say something. except shes irresponsible with her kids in certain ways
    Anonymous

• Call CPS already. It's neglect, whether she is a "really nice person" or not.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 4:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2009