my son is a year old and i have a hard time finding fun and interactive things for us to do together. Any ideas?

smiley1979

Asked by smiley1979 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• reading books, coloring, going for walks.... That age is hard! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Talk to him all the time about everything! He's a sponge!
    Anonymous

• Putting things into/out of baskets or tubs, building things with blocks & knocking them down, rolling balls back and forth. Dancing to silly songs (with or without Larry, LOL!) Excercising with them (using them for weight to push up on your legs, etc.) This age is really fun!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• And I ditto Anon, NAME EVERYTHING that you pass or pick up. They are really listening even though it may be a while before talking. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• have him help you with things. if he can sand and walk, he can help you put laundry in the hamper and pick up toys....

my son loved for me to roll balls tohim so he could chase them...even when he just crawled.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• play hide and seek (we do it in the closet, under the bed sheets, behind doors). Play ball with him - make funny animal sounds with him - act silly - make funny faces - jump up and down - you can act as silly as you want, nobody else is around. Dance with him, play some good beat music and dance together. I have an empty Aquaphor jar, I put a little ball in it and twist it close. It is pretty easy to open it. My son likes to shake it first, to hear the sound of the ball, then he spends a good time opening and closing it, taking the ball in and out. Then he tried to put bigger items in it. He is learning. It is amazing how much they learn at this age. I also sometimes run besides him or crawl on the floor - we just play silly as long as we can :)
    ANAHITA72

Answer by ANAHITA72 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009