How can my 8 yr old make a travel brochure( times square) for his class due tommorrow?

karenwarshaw

Asked by karenwarshaw at 4:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in

• I've had my classes do this in the past.
    Make sure to include things to do, places to eat, draw (or print off) some pictures of popular attractions. Include any interesting bits of history, transportation information like a subway if there is one, and hotel information.

I hope this helps. Have fun!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Is this your assignment or your child's?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2737584-action-pictures-tgphotoid-2593363-times_square_new_york_city-i;_ylt=AixkFCAtcdHiMfHYUKeGo7OcFmoL
    (I put in time square in google. This site came up and it has pix. print them up and the brochure is done.) Make sure he cites where he got the info.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Ask your child. Your child is supposed to pay attention to the free education he or she is provided. Other countries don't have this for all children.  Your child should know what the assignment is.

Anonymous

• Wow, I can't believe the rude, unhelpful responses by a couple of the moms on this thread. If you can't say something nice, SKIP the question. Granted, i don't have any helpful advice either for the OP, but I had to remark on the know-it-all responses from a couple of you..which you know who you are.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The reason that I asked is that I would not suggest the same resources for an eight year old as I would for an adult.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• A Powerpoint brochure. Trifold a piece of colorful paper and have him glue on pics from the internet and type the words in a Word doc, print out and have him glue on. Don't forget that it needs to look like an 8 yr old did the project, not mom!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• He should have an idea of what he's expected to do in the assignment. His teacher may expect him to type it up and do it on the computer, or it might be ok to take a piece of paper tri fold it and glue pictures or draw pictures and write captions and information.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Wow talk about your last minute! Nice way to start your sons future school projects!

I agree with Pnukey; even though its last minute doesnt mean it has to be fast and sloppy and from some internet site. Making it out of his ideas is what is going to make the assignment really his.
    Anonymous

• My 9yo had a brochure assignment earlier this year. I forget what it was about since she did it herself. My total involvement was to allow her access to the computer (she has been locked out because she sneaks on when no one is around or sits around playing video games instead of doing her research) and to take a look at the finished project.

She looked up information on the location on the internet then drew pictures and wrote the information down. She got a B on it, I think (because it was sloppy...everything she does is sloppy).
    She was also given detailed instructions on what should be included in the brochure.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009