Like balloons or hate balloons?

I used to not mind balloons, was more or less indifferent to them. Now that I am a mom i find that I hate them with a passion! When my daughter gets one I know it is going to end with her getting upset and/or crying. It either floats away on the way into the house, pops in the house and upsets her, sits around the house forever for me to trip over! I officially hate balloons now. Does anyone else have this issue? Do you let your kids have balloons (there is the choking hazzard if they are young)? Do you let them keep the balloons till they shrivel up or do you get rid of them as soon as possible? How long do you usually allow the balloons to stay at your house?

quilts4homeless

Asked by quilts4homeless at 4:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like balloons, but my son is only 9 weeks old and I've yet to deal with them in this sense. The way you described it, I can totally see myself hating them in the future, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I hate them in the CAR x.x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Ugh. Hate them.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Do you allow your children to have them? How long do you allow the balloons to stay in your house?
    quilts4homeless

Answer by quilts4homeless at 4:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We do not allow our kids to have balloons. The squeaky sound just makes my teeth hurt and the POP! is no walk in the park either.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We love balloons. I let them stay until they are dragging, then while she's sleeping I cut a whole it the bottom, deflate and pitch them. As for non helium balloons, we normally don't keep them around for more than a day or so. She has a big punching balloon that has been in her play room for months, so I feel no need to keep other regular balloons in the house.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i like them but they dont like me im very allergic to latex so i have to use a ball pump to blow them up but still end up with blistering rash on my hands =( needless to say my kids dont get balloons often because of that
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i dont like helium...they scare me lol my son brought one home from a birthday party and we had it in his room and we all were watching a movie one night and it some how made its way to the living room..around 3 corners and somehow not gettin caught in the stairs we have high ceilings in the stairs and a wall with a shelf at the bottom ugg it was almost like someone was dragging it around by the string...when the kids went to bed the balloon went bye bye
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I love ballons on birthdays! This is the only time I use ballons period. Now I gave in once to my son and neice. I blown up goodness 90 of them and no kidding. Than they decided to pop every single one of them in seconds my mouth dropped on the floor. LOL... Have to say they had a blast , but they played the clean up clean up song & game here after words. They try to con me with ballons when we go shopping now since than. LOL.. I put them away before they know it and fast. Now this is why I only like ballons on b-days.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I hate them. I avoid them at all costs, including birthdays.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009