how do i tell her in a nice way...

my cousin anna and her 11 yr old daughter karen visit me and my 5 wk old daughter alot and karen likes to hold my daughter (tera) and change her and feed her. well karen is a bit of a brat and bickers with her mom while she's holding/feeding/changing tera and i don't know what to say. i don't want to sound mean, so how can word it to not sound like a b!tch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when she is holding ur baby and doing these things tell her shh, ur gonna scare the baby or please be gentle and quite
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• sit down with karen without the baby (and her mother too) and explain to her that doing those things while holding the baby scares the baby and she shouldnt do it. this way both the daughter and the mother have heard what you have to say and can begin to respect it. if that doesnt work refuse to let the girl hold your daughter after all she is your daughter and you shouldnt be worried about sounding like a bitch after asking nicely.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 4:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009