Does the God of the Bible take children to be angels in Heaven?

I see this on moms profiles ("angel in heaven" when a baby has died, been miscarried) and hear moms saying it too. personally, I find this idea revolting (that it could be anyway near true, not that moms want to believe it or say it even if they don't. I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings)

What do you believe and why? Any scriptures?

Thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As for angels
    Angels are invisible, powerful servants of God who reside in the spirit realm. Their existence is independent of that of humans. Angels are spirits created by God. The Bible says: “Let [the angels] praise the name of Jehovah; for he himself commanded, and they were created.”—Psalm 148:2, 5.
    The Bible reveals that many millions of faithful celestial creatures, including seraphs and cherubs, obediently serve in specialized roles according to their rank and assignments. (Psalm 103:20, 21; Isaiah 6:1-7; Daniel 7:9, 10) Did humans have to die in order for God to bring all those angels into existence? In fact, that is quite impossible. Why?
    cont...
    Anonymous

• i dont think they go to heaven, but i do believe that they will be reunited with their mothers on paradise earth after judgement day.
    Anonymous

• When Jesus walked the Earth, He showed his love for kids and stated that people needed to be like them to be suitable for heaven. See Matthew 18:1-14* (an awesome passage). Notice what Jesus says:

“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.”
    “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.”
    “Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.”
    The message is clear that children have a special “connection” to God through angels. Although not directly stated, from these and other verses it is apparent that any children who die before they reach the age of accountability will go to heaven.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't know if everyone uses it literally. I had a m/c at 11 weeks and my signature includes a date for my 'Angel.' I don't literally believe that the baby I lost is an angel... in a couple of miscarriage support groups I've belonged to, 'angel' is almost a short form for 'baby lost in pregnancy.' Similar to 'dd' or 'ds' or 'dh.' My baby did not have a name, I did not know a gender. There isn't really another simple way to refer to him/her. Does that make sense?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No.. we do not at any age become angels. babies or otherwise but I think its a thing of comfort for those moms to say my angel ect. However they do go to Heaven...I truly believe they are there growing and learning about who Jesus is and God the Father is. When they are seen I am not sure they will be babies anymore but children or a little older up to age 33. This is just from those who have had visions of Heaven and seen the rooms where these babies are and they are very well taken care of.. even the aborted ones.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Christians dont believe that God takes children to heaven unless they have become a christian before they died. If they are 3 and dont understand...oh well, the bible says that all are born into sin, and will stay that way until they confess with mouth and heart that Jesus is Lord. If they die in the womb then they luck up and go anyway - but wait maybe they dont since so many believe that a baby is "born" in the womb (reason why most are against abortion). If you believe life starts in the womb then I guess the babies and children are doomed.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Mrs. Owen you took those verses WAAAAYYYY out of content
    Anonymous

• Anon
    That verse is not what I wrote
    IT is from the website that I found.
    Maybe you should try the link
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No the bible does not say that your dead baby/child is an angel in heaven. The scriptures bellow show the condition of the dead.

(Ec 9:5,For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.
     Ps 146:4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;In that day his thoughts do perish
    1Co 15:20However, now Christ has been raised up from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death]. 21 For since death is through a man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man.
    Anonymous