What can I do with turkey/ham leftovers?

I get tired of the same old turkey/mustard, ham/mayo sandwiches. What else can I do to make the leftovers a little more exciting?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 4:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• cut the ham into cubes and add to this hashbrown casserole recepie. 1 bag of frozen ore ida hashbrowns, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cheese. 1 bag shredded cheese. mix in 13 x 9 pan. bake at 375 for 45-50 min. save a little of the shredded cheese for the top after its cooked for 40 min. you can also add fresh or frozen chopped brocoli
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i made home made turkey soup with my leftovers.

Boil the turkey on bone in water ; add chicken bullion; when the meat comes off the bones easily, save the broth and debone the turkey. Then add back to broth add whatever veggies you would like and simmer until veggies are almost done (couple hours) then add noodles and simmer till noodles are done.

and you have homemade soup with not a lot of work.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Oh I have tons of holiday left overs recipes.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

Turkey casserole, Indian samosas, chop salad, stir fry, pizzas, the possibilities are endless.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• That sounds yummy! Thanks!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• If you have any animals you could feed it to them that is what we did
    Anonymous

• Anon, how I wish we had animals......

Well, we have the one pooch, but I love her to much to do that to her, LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I like to cube up leftover ham and freeze in ziplock bags in about 1 cup portions, I use it for quiche, split pea or ham and potato soup, or what my mom called 'ham dish' which is creamy scalloped potatoes with ham mixed in...so delicious!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I like to put the ham in Navy Bean Soup, or a pot of pinto beans, I also like it in quiche like gramsmom. Leftover turkey I use in turkey salad, turkey tetrazzini, turkey pot pie, or I chop it up mix it with a little cream cheese and shredded cheddar, Spread it on buttered bread (sprinkle with a little Parmesan,) and make grilled turkey and cheese.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2009