Moving.....(also in just for fun)

Where is the best type of place to get boxes without having to pay out the wazooo?

Philsgirl21

Asked by Philsgirl21 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You can often get really nice boxes for free on craigslist. Also check places like grocery stores, shoe stores, etc. I got many free boxes from Krogers.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Autozone battery boxes are great for kitchen glassware. Walmart and the dollar stores. I would not go to grocery stores or you may take all of their salmonella and e.coli and roaches with you. Food=contamination.
    Also music stores like GuitarCenter, their amp boxes are double boxes, so you get two with each box and they are the perfect size for towels linens and toys, pillows.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• thank you ladies :)
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• won't take food boxes but will put dishes in BATTERY boxes? OMG, tell me that's a joke. It's ok to put your dishes in boxes with poisoned corrosives though?
    Anonymous

• If you military or live near a post/base, go there! There should be tons at the recycling center. Also if you live close to a post most have sites such as "sill yard sales" and "lewis yard sales"......That's where I posted all my boxes after our last move!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 12:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2009