What do YOU find romantic?

Flowers, bubble baths, candles....? What kinds of things that a man could do would you find romantic?

I was just thinking of how my idea is often quite different from what is typically seen as romantic.

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not typical either. I find things like romantic dinner and slow dancing have been so overdone in movies... I always end up giggling at the sappiness of it all. I'm much more into just having him make me dinner, even if it's just spaghetti that I DON'T have to cook myself...and then sit on our porch when dd goes to bed to talk about whatever pops in our head. Cuddling up to a movie is nice too.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Comeing home to a clean house... its easy to buy things or to relax, but if my hubby takes the time to do extra chores so that we can sit and watch a movie together, thats romantic. He hates housework, so for him to go out of his way and do something he dreads so that we can just chill together is more romantic then any bundle of flowers or date could ever be.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Saying a kind word when it's not expected is my idea of romance

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• This question is daunting for me. I am not a romantic person. I am sentimental but not romantic at all. Unfortunately, my DH is very romantic.

Romance to me is taking me somewhere I want to go, somewhere he doesn't want to go at all. Like a tea shop. LOL
    Or buying me something I want, that I refuse to buy myself because I am too cheap too. Like the four slice toaster I have wanted for 12 years.

Best romantic gesture this yearfrom DH: A kiss on Valentine's Day that showed me exactly how special he thought I was. He held my face, looked deeply into my eyes and kissed me. It was perfect.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My name, of all the weirdest choices available. I love it when he uses my name, in almost any context.

Oh, and otherwise, I feel the most romance when I'm feeling loving, doing loving things, or thinking thoughts of appreciation and generosity. All the other stuff is fluff that, depending on my mood, may actually make me angry.

For instance: if dh wants to get shot, he can spend money we can't afford on a lavish gift to me when he's done something really hurtful. Actually, guilt gifts make me angry, even if they're affordable. Routine (holiday) obligation gifts make me angry, too -- I hate getting trite and stereotypical gifts because it's Valentine's Day: chocolates, flowers --especially roses! Grrr...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• To me, romantic is when he kisses my forehead or the top of my head, when he tells me he loves me out of the blue. Bringing me a single flower (to me, a dozen roses only means he messed up). Taking care of the kids or cooking dinner so I can go relax for a little while. Joining me for a bubble bath. Holding me without expecting it to lead to sex. Kissing me, anytime, anywhere.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2009