misinformation

why must people always give misinformation? to those who say nutrition doesn't matter and the baby will be well fed regardless
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/your-nutritional-needs-while-breastfeeding

After you give birth, good nutrition is even more important than during your pregnancy. It can make a difference in the quality of your breast milk
Though doctors once routinely recommended an additional 500 calories a day for breastfeeding moms, today, experts say what you eat matters far more than your caloric intake.
"Beyond a doubt, the nutritious quality of the foods you eat is of major importance during breastfeeding...says Linda M. Hanna, IBCLC, program coordinator for Lactation and Prenatal Education Services at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
she says, if a mother isn't feeding herself with enough nutritious foods, the number of "dirty diapers" goes down, a sign that your baby may not be getting enough to eat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• Two of my nurses after I had my daughter we lactation consultants and one of them yelled at me for feeding my daughter instead of eating my dinner. Because she told me if I didn't get proper nutrition the baby wouldn't. But then I've had others tell me that she was wrong and that the baby would be taken care of first just like when pregnant and its my body that would suffer. Its nice to see this confirmed by a medical source.
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 5:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• During the time I breastfed my children I worked hard to make sure I was eating healthy and taking my prenatal vitamins because I wanted my children to be as healthy as possible, otherwise there was no point to breastfeeding, and I am just sick of people giving misinformation, if mothers are going to be so adamant about breastfeeding being best they need to know that its only best if they are eating right.
    Anonymous

• Not eating healthy enough, that's why I'm on the fence about breastfeeding. I don't eat awfully but I'm no good at watching what I eat and with the time DH leaves for work on his days our eating schedule is all messed up. So I would be concerned about the amount of nutrients in the breast milk.

For my first DD I had complications right after birth and was unable to breastfeed her for her first meal. I could never get her to latch on after that even with the nurses and consultants. I pumped for the first month and a half but was having difficulties so she was exclusively formula feed from about 2 months on. I'm due in Feb. and I am trying to decide what I'm going to do, try to breastfeed or just formula feed. I think AT LEAST I should breastfeed (natural or through a bottle) for the first month The biggest problem is I'm a full time working mom and I do not know how I would exclusively breastfeed being gone 40 hours a week.
    Anonymous

• Many sources say that even if you are planning to formula feed breastfeeding the baby right away in the hospital for those first few days so they can get the colistrum (sp) is best
    Anonymous

• One more reason to formula feed imo
    Anonymous

• Why are so many women up in arms about what others are feeding their kids.
    Just feed the children. It's really that simple.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I just have a problem with women claiming breastfeeding is so much healthier than formula feeding when its only heathy if the mother is getting proper nurtition
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2009