Man, 18, arrested for DUI in crash that kills woman, 24. I hate hearing about things like this. I think what really burns my backside is that again a drunk killed someone and he WASNT hurt at all.

An 18-year-old Las Vegas man was arrested in connection with driving under the influence this morning after a crash that left a 24-year-old woman dead.

Metro Police responded at 1:13 a.m. to the crash at the intersection of Rainbow Boulevard and Flamingo Road. Investigators said a Pontiac Sunfire was making a left turn from eastbound Flamingo to northbound Rainbow on a green traffic signal.

A Dodge pickup truck southbound on Rainbow then failed to stop for a red traffic signal, colliding with the left side of the Pontiac, police said.

The 24-year-old woman driving the Pontiac was taken to University Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead, police said.

The driver of the pickup truck, Kevin Miranda, 18, of Las Vegas, wasn't injured. Police said he had consumed alcohol and failed a field sobriety test. He was booked into the Clark County Detention Center in connection with two counts of felony DUI with alcohol.

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This stuff makes me sick, and it's always the same...

The SOB drives drunk, kills somone else and walks away without a scratch. I say charger with him with MURDER. After you have a drink EVERYONE KNOWS getting in a car puts EVERYONES life around you at risk.

No one should have to experince such pain from such idiots!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• A passenger in the pickup truck, a 17-year-old Las Vegas girl, was taken to UMC with minor injuries, police said The victim's name hasn't been released. This is the 82nd fatal traffic collision this year in Metro Police jurisdiction.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/29/man-18-arrested-dui-crash-killed-woman-24/

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It's the saddest thing but he will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My mother was killed in a drunk driving wreck so reading things like this get my blood boiling. These people have no respect for others peoples lives when they get behind that wheel. And some of them feel no remorse for what they've done. The guy who killed my mother was not injured at all besides a few bruises. He showed no emotion during the whole trial and investigation. And do I really care if he says he's sorry? Not a chance.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Like people who kill when they're driving and texting, or arguing, or talking on the phone (doing make up, reading the newspaper, eating, watching videos... the list of things people do when they should be driving is outrageous!), people who are drinking and driving are not loading a gun and pointing it at strangers. They are just doing what all the other 'I can do anything while I'm driving' idiots are demonstrating: it is possible to drive safely and not pay attention to the road pretty much at all.

People get accustomed to the idea that many things can be done while driving, because driving is rarely challenging and mostly boring. That makes doing other things while driving 'safe' --and 95% of the time, they're right: nothing bad happens, so they're right. Only they're just as wrong as the drunks.

All the people who only drive while they're driving get to be outraged. Everyone else is also guilty, just lucky.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• DUI that maims or kills should be treated and sentenced the same as any other premeditated murder.

Do I think that any one actually sits down and thinks 'gee, I'm gonna get drunk and drive around til I kill someone'? No.

What I think is that people are so selfish that they consider their right to have fun as more important that taking any reasonable precaution to protect other people's lives from their selfishness and stupidity. Sentence even a few accordingly and you'll start to see a rapid decline of drunk driving. The true alcoholics may continue, but any one else with an IQ somewhere above 'moron' will get the general idea that they (and their 'fun') aren't all that special ~ and that they need to consider the right of perfect strangers to not get rammed with a ton or more of dangerous steel driven by a drunk. It isn't going to change unless we make it change.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Sad stuff... I hope he gets a long time in jail. My sisters mother was killed by a drunk driver while holding my sister. I have no sympathy for these ignorant individuals who have no care for another humans life. My sister never knew her mother because of a selfish reasons. I hope this woman didn't have children, I know it doesn't make the loss better but no child should have to deal with it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2009