What to get for a fifteen year old?

My Sister-in-law is almost 15 and super girly. I don't know her very well, other then she's into music and into boys. I was just wondering if you guys could help me out with some ideas as to what we could get her for Christmas. The hubbs already knixed the gift card and bath products idea. Of course, my only two ideas.

Thanks to all of you who answer!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 5:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Holidays

• jewelry, books, music, something for her room, an earring holder, a jewelry box?
    a wallet, gloves/mittens/scarf, a pretty sweater?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• How about something that holds her music, like an mp3 player (can be as cheap as 20 dollars), a CD wallet, a CD case stacker, some blank CDs, a cool pair of headphones... there lots of things music wise you can get her.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Your Hubby is crazy gift cards are perfect LOL.

You can try getting her clothes if you know what size and what she is into... You can get her a nice ring or bracelet or necklace depending on what your limit is. Does an iTunes card count as a gift card?

Perfume from Macy's you can't go wrong with say Ralph Lauren - Romance (and it's not a bath product)

If she loves pictures maybe you can get her some great frames for her room (the fun ones that have writing and such on them)

Find a concert coming up in the next 6 months or so and buy her two tickets to go (Maybe 3 one for her, one for a friend and one for a chaperone to take them if she can't go alone)
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 5:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'm not a big fan of gift cards...except for teens. Especially if the store is at the Mall where they want to hang out anyway. My youngest is 23 and he still wants itunes gift cards. The best part is I can buy them at the grocery store.Maybe reminding your husband just HOW into music some teens are.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Something from Hollister, American Eagle or Aeropostale. That's what my neices like and they are 14.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Gift cards really are perfect for teenagers. I say you argue with hubby about the gift card issue.
    Anonymous

• money ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 6:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Hmm does she own CD's? I know a lot of kids dont anymore they just download onto MP3 players. But if she does! I've seen some pretty cool CD holders. Wavy ones that hang on the wall and light up ones and all kinds of stuff.. Even if she doesnt have CD's maybe she could use a DVD holder or something?
    Anonymous

• How about movie passes? She could watch whatever she wanted whenever!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I see great gift ideas above and agree with them all since I have a 15 year old daughter and she would love just about everything listed. By the way, when you give her a gift you still can't go wrong with adding a gift card or two to her favorite store(s) or one for iTunes if she has an iPod. My two teens specifically asked for a Border's gift card because they love to read but would rather choose the books themselves. They also wanted a gift card to a gaming store like GameStop so they could buy some games for their game systems, but we bought them some games instead that we knew they were looking for. They also like to go to Starbucks so we got them each a gift card to there, too. We like that the gift cards are refillable so we can keep adding to it throughout the year. A cool pair of pj's is fun, something to organize her homework area, and any type of cool gadgets make great gifts for teens.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2009