does anyone get a little sad when remembering good times with friends b4 kids and marriage?

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah, ive gotten through hard times when i first got married and had my first son, i was good after i moved but then i moved again and i could sometimes just cry and wish i could start over...i wish karma would get those who ruined my title "mom"..but they still live on and bother me tons...ohhhhh the good ol days when i didnt have kids and walked everywhere around town peacefully and when everybody complimented you on something
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't know if I get sad but I get nostalgic like crazy .... I get a case of the what ifs as well but I don't think I'd trade in my life with my son for anything
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 5:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Kinda miss my life before we moved and had our DD. Most of our friends are half way across the country :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yes, I will be honest. It has taken years for me to let go of my free, fun, do whatever I want to do, life! Having kids while an obvious blessing totally changes everything.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No, I don't. Iget nostalgic at remembering my teens being little and needing me for everything.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• absolutely, sometimes i feel kinda trapped, our son wasn't planned i was on birth control at the time don't get me wrong i love my son, but if i could go back and wait to have a baby i defiantly would.
    Anonymous

• That's the only reason I maintain my Thanksgiving day routine of cooking all day, having dinner with family then hit the outlets till the very next day until I can no longer remain awake. It remains me about me before kids and before husband. It's the only time out of the year that I can get shopping out of my system without a baby or a husband nagging about going back home. I love my life as a mother and a wife but once a year, I deserve to remember me, the way I use to be anyways.

I get my Starbucks coffee, my navigator and i have no cares in the world, just me and the world, I get all my Christmas shopping done, I eat when I want, what I want, I get a foot massage, a pedicure, a manicure, more Starbucks, I mean is like 36 hours where I won't answer my cell phone, I just need my me time.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 6:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No, not at all. I have been happiest since I was married and had children. I was nevr the person who went out with friends to bars or parties. I had a few good friends and a few boyfriends, went to college, but I really started living life after I got married and had my children. I don't miss the single life as a young person at all!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I barely remember what I was like (except those humiliating memories of saying really, really stupid things about parenting and children) before I had kids. I remember being 7 and 11 and even a lot of being 5... but I wouldn't trade any of what I have now in the way of wisdom, experience, joy and rewards to spend another 5 minutes being 22.

I have learned so much about myself, my part of the world, the kind of impact it is possible to have in 20 years of childrearing, and how much fun it is to watch a person develop from nothing... I wouldn't give back a second of it, not even the hard parts.

The hard parts are what taught so much.
    The easy parts ended up being pleasant but not very rewarding.

If I hadn't been able to have kids, I don't know I'd have fixed that... but having them grew me up, even when I didn't want to. I'm only ever sad about the stupid mistakes I made, mosting thinking I was right or knew better.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• oh yeah...my friends lol...everyone turned into this mommy side when we all had kids and i hardly talk to them or lost being in touch with them.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2009