what should you put on your belly while pregnant to prevent stretch marks?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You cant prevent them. If the women in your family have them you will get them.
    You can only use lotion to make them appear lighter
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Oh I used burts bees mama butter
    Mrs.Owen86

• Shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. This actually works I wish I had done it was I was preggers!
    shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 6:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Palmers Coca Butter!!!! I have ABSOLUTELY NO stretch marks!!! I have been pregnant twice.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 6:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I agree with Mrs. Owen. If it runs it your family it will happen. I used lotions all day everyday and I have horrible ones! I even have them on my legs on the back of my knees. I think the number one way to prevent them is to stay in the 25-30 lbs weight limit like you are supposed to. But to try, palmers, bio oil, and drink lots of water.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• easy, dont put a baby in your belly..its the only way
    Anonymous

• To tell the truth theres nothing you can do. If your mom got them with you, you will get them. If she didnt get them with you, you have a chance not to get them. It also depends on the size of the baby. Vitamin E is always good to put on there. It helps more then anything. Stuff with it in it can help a little but they sell Vitamin e by itself
    Anonymous

• I use Palmer's coco butter. My stretch marks from my first pregnancy aren't as noticeable and I am hoping same goes from this pregnancy. However, if your mom has them most likely you will too.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• nuffin... it is genetic, and completely unavoidable.

only thing you can do is use products that help lighten scars- that's what they are.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I used Palmer's Coco Butter and I have millions of terrible, deep stretch marks grrr
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 6:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009