Do you think it would be weird to put sweetened condensed milk, by itself, as a glaze on a bundt cake?

I really like the flavor, i swear i could eat it by the spoonful, and it does have a thickness to it.

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 6:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I was wondering if it would stand up to the cake w/o adding powdered sugar or something to it or would it just sink into the cake making it a warm, ooey, yummy mess! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• then do it.
    Anonymous

• Go for it. Call it "Thai style" whatever cake. Thai coffee and tea always is made with sweetened condensed milk. it would be great over a chocolate coffee bundt cake. I'd call that a Thai style Mocha bundt cake.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i dont know what it tastes like and didnt know it tastes like that...i was gonna say maybe add vanilla to it and powdered sugar but since you already know what it tastes like then maybe just go with that
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• That is what I would worry about... that it would immediately soak into the cake. Hey, you can always sweeten it up more with a bit of powdered sugar, to thicken it up so it stays on top and doesn't soak in. Just a thought. How SWEET would that be?! lol
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Why not? Have you ever heard of "better than sex cake"? It's a chocolate cake poked full of holes, then a can of sweetened condensed milk is poured over it to soak in, then caramel topping, then cool whip on top. I don't see how pouring the can over a bundt would be much different - it just won't soak in as much unless you keep it in the pan, poke it full of holes while it's warm and immediately pour the milk over, and then turn the cake out after it's soaked in. Actually, that sounds pretty darn good right about now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would think it would soak in and get soggy..You would have to eat it right away unless you added powdered sugar. Its your cake so go for it. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009