My sons gay & just told me . were afraid to tell my husband. what do i do ?

MOMMAHofTEN

Asked by MOMMAHofTEN at 6:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• then dont tell him.
    Anonymous

• i think u shold tell him and not let ur son know and have ur son tell him, that way ur huspand will know how to react.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• When I "came out" I was afraid to tell certain family members, but in the end it went well and everyone came around. I tried to guess how everyone would react and you just never really know. You might be surprised at how he will handle it and you won't really know until you tell him. Even if he is initially upset, he will come around. Although if your son is really uncomfortable telling him then maybe he should wait until he is more comfortable.
    Anonymous

• I would get your son some therapy. I don't believe that people are born gay. I think there are medical and psychological reasons. Please get him some help! Its not too late!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should both sit down together and talk to your husband to tell him. As for the anon who said that you should get your son some therapy I think that maybe she's the one that needs the therapy for having a closed minded attitude
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I dont think you should keep any secrets from your husband!Put your self in his shoes if that was kept from you dont you think you would be a little mad! I know I aint one to keep any secrets from my other half! Just tell him!!
    MarineAngel831

Answer by MarineAngel831 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You and your son should sit down with your DH and tell him. It's not good to keep secrets and if you are there with him when he tells DH then he has your support. I know it seems difficult for him and for you being the momma-in-the-middle, but telling really is the best thing. He told you and that took guts! Good for him. He needs you to lean on now, so support him and encourage him to talk to his dad. But let him do it on his own terms... when he thinks it might be right. Let him know however he(his dad) reacts, you will love him and be there for him. Good luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't think this a real momma, ya'll! Check out her Homepage! Pretty funny, but not real!
    Anonymous

• Read what it says about her "kids"!
    Anonymous

• www.pflag.org will have a lot of support and wisdom for all of you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009