How do you react when strangers kids are being ignored?

I never know how to react when someone's kid is being ignored. I don't know if I should go find their momma or just wait. Today I just waited and the mom eventually realized her lil one wasn't around. I just don't get how some people act their kids are a burden. It gets me upset.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you've never eaten pork rinds~ jk i ve never eaten them either... if i find a lost kid i take them to an employee. if someone just isnt watching their kids it sucks because i teach so i cant help be feel responsible for what i witness... like it or not having kids is a burdon for some, and some just arent made to be parents. i have one child, i looked away from him once at walmart and lost him for maybe 30 seconds and realized it could happen to anyone, and made him hold my hand when shopping since then.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• that's not nice! i'm white and my kids are always taking off! i always tell them if we get lost from one another for them to find a mommy that will help them, otherwise be patient and kind and karma will come around if u ever need it
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• To tell you the truth they were Hispanic not sure on if they were Mexican or not. When momma came to get her she said something in Spanish and the lil girl followed.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No one is perfect. Don't judge unless you're a perfect mother yourself.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Regardless of race (which anon should be ashamed because it does NOT matter!) I have seen plenty of kids of all color lost on occasion and I always walk a few aisles this way or that and help them find their parents. That simple.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Sometimes kids have a tendency to wander off. But if your that worried about it , call CPS on her.

Answer by louise2 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I never said I was perfect. I was wondering how to react. As far as the race thing. I think sometimes other races are just more laid back kid wise. I have seen some kids get a bag of pork rinds for snacks at the laundrymat. I myself would never give a kid that. But like I said some races are more laid back.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• What does Mexican or Hispanic have to to with being attentive to your children? I have seen plenty of white/black females neglecting their kids. Oh yea....God forbid your kid ever get away from you. IT HAPPENS!!!!
    okjb79

Answer by okjb79 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• There's a difference between your kid getting away form you for a few seconds and a child wondering around not being watched!

I think it's horribly disgusting to think that all Mexicans don't watch their kids! What is that about?!!?

Anyway, I usually go up the kid and ask if they need help finding their mommy or daddy. If they say yes, or already know where they are I'll still take them over to make sure the parent relizes thier child was not being properly watched.

I've had a few people check to make sure my kids were being watched and I don't mind because I'm glad to know there are people willing to look out for my kids if they ever did get lost! My kids don't look anything like me so it's funny when the person relalizes their mommy is RIGHT there looking right at them! LOL!
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• There is a lady in the apartment complex where I live who is constantly leaving her 2 year old boy alone in the apartment to go upstairs and do god knows what. Many times he comes out crying, calling for his mama, and then someone else opens their door and tells him to go back in and watch cartoons. He always looks like he was sleeping when she left him. One time, on a freezing night, he came outside looking for her with nothing but a shirt and dirty diaper on. I grabbed a blanket and went to him
    to wrap him up and look for her, since nobody came from the other apartment that time. I have called CPS, and he's still with her. CRAZY. Many people of all races do not care about their kids as much as they should be. And sadly, in my experience, those people treat them more like property. They do the bare minimum for the kid, while they are "pimped out", and trying to get their party on. It makes me sick.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2009