HOW DO I CORRECT KIDS I BABYSIT??

I TAKE CARE OF 2 KIDS TODDERS AND THERE SPOILED BRATS SOMETIMES AND I CORRECT MY KIDS BUT HOW DO YOU CORRECT KIDS THAT YOU BABYSIT?? EXAMPLE : IF ONE OF THEM STARTS BITTING THE OTHERS?

DONT THINK THEY HAVE RULES AT THEIR HOUSE.

I TAKE THEM TO THE NAP ROOM FOR A TIME OUT.

I DO SPANK MY KIDS WHEN ITS NEEDED BUT THANK GOD NOT AAS MUCH AS THESE KIDS NEED TO BE STRAIGHTENED OUT.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I baby sit and I discipline those children the same way i do my own. You could also have a conversation with the parents and explain that the children are acting badly and ask them how they correct them.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• dont babysit anymore.
    Anonymous

• FROGBABY i like your answer lol! but how would i start a conversation with the kids parents? say hey by the way i spank my kids when they act out and think your kids need a little spanking? i agree with you i would correct them like i do mine , but i dont want to upset anybody. When my kids act out it only takes a strong voice to correct them lol sometimes mine do need spanking. but these kids OMG they want to do hit bit, WHINE , CRY , about everything.
    Anonymous

• Treat them all the same (except spanking). Show them by example how to act.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• SOME parents dont correct there kids and hate when other corrects them. EVERY kid acts out with there parents do EVERYTHING they want,
    Anonymous

• Okay so do just bring it to there attention what they did and put them in time out? i mean there good kids but no rules , pooor kids need lots of attention. But sometimes go haywire.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, just bring it to the parents attention. Next time they come to pick up the kids... Just say something like, "you know I've had a lot of trouble with ___ lately. They seem to do ___ a lot and don't listen if they are corrected. I wanted to let you know because it's become an issue."
    Then see what they say to that, KWIM? Just go from there. Good luck~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I would NEVER spank someone elses child!!! I would hate to see the mess you could get into if the child ever ended up with a questionable bruise or something : (

Time out!! It may take a while for the kids to get used to the rules and discipline in your house, but kids are smart, they'll figure it our.

I have 5 kids that I watch during the week and they know I don't play! I'm never mean to them but they know how they can and cannot act at Ms. Bethany's house! LOL!  I just don't put up with any crap. It they have to stay in ime out all day...fine. They'll act better next time!

DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I would never spank someone else's child. You need to ask them how they want their kids disciplined. I think it's highly inappropriate for a babysitter to spank a child.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Do NOT spank them but you can correct them. You should remember that kids are not mini adults and don't know how to act appropriately without being taught and shown. Lead by example. Be firm and consistent. Put in writing your discipline policy and have the parent sign it. Make sure the read it first. Use time outs, use redirection. Get the book, "1 2 3 Magic" read it all the way through and implement the discipline techniques. They work and they are NON spanking, commonsense approach to discipline and it takes the emotion out of discipline.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009