How to deal with being married to a procrastionator

My husband will wait until the last minute to finish his school, (online colleage degree) and he says that he is working on it all the time, when it is obvious that he is not. So all his time is taken up by 'finishing' school. I don't want to start up a big arguement. How can I bring up time management to him without sounding like I am lecturing him?

Shannon3390

Asked by Shannon3390 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• start the dishes, then dont finish them
    Anonymous

• He is a grown man. It is his schooling. As long as he does finish it. You should not worry about it. JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i wouldnt try to nag at the fact he is procrastinating and rather just sit down with him and talk to him about it, figure out why he thinks holding stuff off is okay and why he does it. He might have a good reason! My hubby holds everything off till the last minute too. The best bet is to just talk about it, get his side and deliver your side and just be civil. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean. My husband does the same thing all the time, he goes to his parents to mow their grass and doesn't get it done or start it until I need him for something then he is mowing the grass. Reason with him. Be blunt, don't be accusational, just ask him what he thinks about that. If he sees how his lack of timeliness effects you life and detracts from family time, etc. They are a pain the butt sometimes so you just have to kick theirs!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• mine procrastinates like no other he still hasn't unclogged the drain in the bathroom sink even though I've bought stuff to do it weeks ago just keep on him finally he will get sick of it and finish
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009