Welsh Corgi Lovers

Tell about your dog. How old? Male or female? What color? Pem or Cardi? What is the name? Brag on your best friend here!

I have a brindle & white, neutered male cardigan welsh corgi, 1 1/2 years old, named Tucker. He's the best dog in the world, IMO. He does funny stuff. He gets fed after we are finished eating, and will drag his food bowl into the living room so he can sit there and eat in the same room where everyone else is at. He likes to bark at the vaccuum cleaner, and he is afraid of the fly swatter, even though he has never been hit with one. He will "stand up" on his little back legs, and he will "Dance" in a circle or "give high five" while standing.

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 7:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pets

• I love Welsh Corgis, I grew up with them though we don't have a dog right now. Ours were Shiloh (my early childhood dog- my parents had her for about five years before they had me) and Griffin (we got her when I was about twelve.) Shiloh was red and white with the ring around her neck- very smart dog. Weirdly enough she was always afraid of the fly swatter too! Griffin was also red and white, no ring around the neck but a white blaze up her nose and a white spot on the back of her neck. She was not quite as clever but was really good natured. They were both great dogs- I miss them both!
    Out of curiousity, has your corgi had his tail cropped? I know that has fallen out of favour with the Pembrokes in recent years and I see more and more Pembroke Corgis with tails. Ours were both cropped before we got them, one of the things I always remember about Griffin is her wagging her whole bum to say she was happy!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• mines got 2 feet 2 hands stands almost 6 feet tall and can talk, he is LAZY
    Anonymous

• Doh- you have a Cardi, sorry about that! I really need to read closer!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have a corgi mix does she count? She's a tri , 3 yo and she's the one with the docked tail. Great with my kids, a lover, a can kick the Dane's butt.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009