groups for medicated births?

This might sound silly but is there any groups on here for Medicated births? I know there is a mllion for natural which is cool but i am NOT having a natural birth & i do NOT want one (more power to those who do but i just am fine with my hospital birth using an epidural). i'd love to find a group where i would feel more at home & not bashed for using drugs during my birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Did you do a search? If you can't find one, it takes about 30 seconds to start one.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Did you do any research about the side effects for medicated births before you made up your mind? Just wondering if you're going into this reactively (wishing to avoid pain) or actively (knowing what kinds of risks you're setting yourself up for, and accepting them knowing exactly what's likely).

Not interested in changing your mind... just pondering if your decision is in your best interest.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Uhm the normal pregnancy and birth groups should be good if you want a medicated birth, that is the standard birth in America. I think that people confuse giving information and oppinions and bashing, it is not the same thing. When someone posts about natural birth they always get the posts saying go for an epidural, its the same thing. Its not bashing.
    Telling the truth about the risks involved is also not bashing, its the truth, a medicated birth has a lot more risks than a non medicated one. If that is what you want fine but when someone gives information it is not bashing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• yes LInda. i DO do research on EVERYTHING I do. I understand your question but i tire of people assuming i dont do research cause I chose differently then them.
    & yes I've been bashed. i was told i could never really love my son & would never sacerfice for him cause i had an epidural.
    Anonymous