I accused him of fooling around...and he was innocent...

I was having some symptoms that I thought were caused by BV (and as it turns out...they WERE and a yeast infection) but my Dr., without even examining me, said he thought I had an STD. I looked up every single one and my symptoms didn't exactly match any of them...but he seemed so sure the way he said it...that I grilled DH to tell me what he'd be up to. The thing is though...he's always home, very into sex with me, very awesome daddy, and hasn't even me any reason in the world to doubt him. I guess I was tired and hormonal (I'm pregnant) and panicked...and now that I've seen with my own eyes that all tests came back negative and my Dr. was just jumping the gun...I feel horrible. He's been very nice about the whole thing and understood...but how can I make this up to him. No bashing please, I feel bad already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• sit down with him, discuss the dr. visit and have explain why you'd think the worst (which is understandable). Tell him you are sorry you jumped to conclusions and you know he is a good hubby and father and you are hormonal. I'm sure he will understand and let it go! Why not have a romantic evening to make it up to him? :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• maybe try to do a romantic thing for him. devote a day to just him. do what he likes, make the food he likes, ect. :)
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• tell him it was the other guy, not him and you get your men mixed up alot
    Anonymous

• I'm curious to know why you leapt to the conclusion he was a cheater, regardless. Has he been shady in the past?
    Anyway, all you can do is say how sorry you are and then blame the irrationality on your hormones.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• lol @ anon913

Get him a card, make his favorite dinner and just tell him you are sorry and that he is a great father, husband, and man and you are proud and happy to be his wife. Then give him a BJ LOL that will be gift enough. (My DH made me add the BJ part!!)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• That was really just the first thing that popped in my head since there is only one way to get an STD and I have been faithful...so that would leave one other option. He hasn't given me a reason to think something like that...and rationally I knew that he hadn't done anything...but my imagination getting the better of me when the Dr. said that. I mean...it was really just the fact that I hadn't had much sleep, my hormones are outta whack...and then Dr. is telling me something I was NOT expecting...so I just ended up a mess for a few hours until my mom talked me down and I was able to think more rationally. I just feel bad for thinking it...even for a minute because he's been so awesome during this whole pregnancy. Watching dd, making me dinner, cleaning up. He was sweet about it though since he said if the Dr. told him something like that, he may have wondered for a minute too.
    Anonymous