How did it feel when your water broke?

Ive seen some women say it feels like a pop.. But what kind of pop? a soft pop, hard pop, like a bone popping? I've felt a few pops down there but never any water? Ive even felt one in my upper belly.. I even heard it! NO water! What are these pops that im feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I heard that you hear pops etc.. I personally didn't hear,feel nothing! I was peeing..then when I stood up to leave my bathroom my fluid came pouring out! absolutely PAINLESS!....but everyone's different..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 7:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Like I was peeing my pants for like ten minutes straight. It wasn't even a gush it was like a dribble... Kinda weird....
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 7:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No pop. I wasn't sure whether my bladder had just let go in my sleep.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I'm not really sure what happened. All I know is I woke up and then a gush of water. And then it just kept on dribbling.
    Anonymous

• i didn't hear a pop, just kept leaking fluid. i do remember my belly making a lot of sloshing noises in the 3rd trimester but i don't know if that's what you are hearing. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The hospital nurse broke mine and it was just a goosh followed my very severe contractions...
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My forewaters went sploosh. It wasn't a lot. The hindwaters were more at the moment of birth and was more of a warm gush..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The pops you're feeling are probably things stretching.

The only time I felt my water pop was my third birth, and it was immediately followed by the babies head crowning. But it just felt like a pop, and it was quite unmistakable as "hey my water just broke!"

Oh yea... and no water came out till the baby did... her head was plugging it up =X
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i had just gotten up to go pee and was getting back in bed when i heard/felt a pop and it feels like your peeing without trying it's an odd feeling but unmistakable for sure i know everyone always says it but you will know when your water breaks and when your in labor it's usually the worst pain you have ever felt in your life.. the water breaking wont hurt at all and you feel it in your vagina not your stomach or anything like that
    Anonymous

• I didnt hear anything, I got off the couch and stepped into the kitchen and WHAM!!!! It started pouring out, it was the craziest thing! I was instantly crampy and had to use a towel the whole way tot he hospital LoL It was still coming out (less of course) when I got to the hospital. So no, I didnt hear a pop :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009