what causes people to kill their own children?

I love my boys so very much and could never purposely hurt them in any way- yesterday morning in the town next to mine, a man shot his 2 kids and his ex wife before being shot and killed himself by a police officer. His 7 yr old son died and his ex wife and 11 yr old son were hospitalized. Wtf is going through these peoples minds to get them to hurt innocent little children?

http://www.northjersey.com/news/112909_Motive_still_unclear_in_deadly_Paterson_shootings_.html

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do not pretend to understand what a dark place people who do this are coming from. I am convinced it is a severe mental illness, as no one in his or her right mind would ever just do such a thing.

As for abortions...I do not pretend to understand what that woman is going through. My only opinion on that subject is that abortion was not meant to be used as birth control.

I just thank God that I don't struggle with depression, or anger or whatever these people are struggling with. There but for the grace of God go I.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• who knows,,,this world is coming to shits..were seeing stories like this everyday! your not safe anywhere you can trust anyone and in the end of it all theres really nothing you can do before you hade to protect your kids from the worlds and if its you that your kids need protecting from..who is going to help them?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 8:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• oi stumble fingers lol
    mommy16love

• I asked myself that every time I watched Nancy Grace!! she's on HLN on 9pm..Anyways lastnight she was talking about a 30 year old woman who has 3 kids, just had another boy, he was 5 weeks old,she killed him by..well rather VERY disturbing details..and just threw him away like he was trash! all becuase she didn't want the state to find out that the baby's father was a 14 year old boy...I pray for these helpless innocent children..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 8:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You know i feel the same way you do WTF. There's a women and her BF that live in my state that a few years ago there baby (3 months old) had so many broken bones that she was in the ICU for 6 months and the parents put the blame on one another. I went to school with girl and I would have never thought for a minute that she would ever hurt her own child. It"s a sad world that we live in.
    Anonymous

• It is horrible. It happens everyday in abortion clinics. Mothers murdering there own children..
    Anonymous

• oh boy... anon:37 shoo! go away!
    Anonymous

• Anon:39-its true.
    Anonymous

• That's horrible! The only thing I can think of is mental illness. I don't think it's an excuse, I think they're still accountable for their actions, but it's the closest thing any of us will get to an answer. It is so tragic and sad, and it turns the insides of anyone with a soul when we hear this stories.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• *these stories.
    beckcorc