What side of the car does the carseat go on?

I know, stupid question but seriuosly which side Driver side or Passenger side?

Froggy_girl1790

Asked by Froggy_girl1790 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My bff's brother is an EMT and firefighter... I asked him this exact same question when #2 was on the way. He said middle is safest for 1.. but with more than 1 it doesnt matter. If you're going to get hit then its gonna happen.
    Its easier to have mine in the middle and behind the drivers seat.. that way if I *have* to hand something back to my 3 yo then I can do so w/o a problem
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It is more convenient to put it on the driver side
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• we have it on the back of the passenger side.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I would put it on the driver side because if I see a car coming towards me which way do you think I am going to swerve?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• It's safest in the middle, I think, but I put mine behind the driver. Hubs puts his behind the passenger.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i like the passanger side for it is more easy for you to quickly glance at them however the driver side is more conveniant. I think it is more on preferance
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Carseats are safest in the middle of the back seat, in all vehicles.

Unless you have two kids :) In which case one on either side is what you would do.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The best spot is in the middle. The middle is actually 25% more safe then either side of the back of the car. If you must pick which side, if the middle is not an option, I heard that the driver's side is the best because your natural instinct when in an accident is to turn the car so it protects you, the driver.

Anonymous

• I've got four kids so the back seat is always full! But if I only had one kid with me I'd put that one behind whatever side I was on.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The safest place is where you get the best install. If you get a good install in all positions, then the middle is safer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009