my 2 1/2 year old busted his lip open and i'm not sure what todo.

Help?!? My 2 1/2 year old triped over one of his toys and busted his top lip open. I'm not sure waht to do. Nothing like this has ever happened before. I feel teriable ( sorry can't spell). He wont let me touch it so I can't put ice on it. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I understand how you feel. My son did the same thing when he was small. The only thing I can suggest is to get wet washcloth and crush some ice in it and try to let him hold it on his lip. Try to lightly touch his lip at first, and if he let's you do that, let him get used to the wet and cold, and maybe he can help you hold the ice in place. Good luck,Momma!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• just apply ice to it
    Anonymous

• Lips and mouths bleed easily give him an ice cube to suck on (watch him with it) . Just watch him carefully until it's almost all healed, he's almost guaranteed to hit once more and reinjure himself. That's just the nature of these things!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009