wtf is wrong with people?

im in my last few weeks of pregnancy. I told my Mom I felt like I needed her the last week or so. Im having a rush of hormones and Im having anxiety. DH works a lot so I asked her to stay with me while he works. Her boyfriend got angry tonight and broke up with her and said I control her and I shouldnt tell her when and where she can go places. I never told her not to go or where or when she could go places. She would go with him for a few hours everyday but come back to be with me since I can pop anytime anyway and have no car since DH has it at work. Well now she is upset with me and siding with him and saying I control her... When she never felt like this before he broke up with her? Like I said Ive never tried to stop her from going... IDK what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ask her what makes her happy? I thnk the mans jelous maybe all her does is talk about you to him all the time. lol As for you dont mention him at all dont get in their problems even if you are the problem. Tell her your sorry if she feels that way and why didnt she mention it before. Ask her if he tells her what to do? To me she is trying to please both and she doent want to loss both.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 9:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• this isn't your battle. her boyfriend pulled his own controlling card and this probably won't end well. Just tell your mom that you're sorry if it came off like you were trying to control her and that you really were just feeing vulnerable but understand if she can't be there all the time. ask if its ok for you to call her when you go in labor and then totally back off or you'll become the scape goat for a doomed relationship.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• If this guy doesn't realize that your mother's children come first he's got unreal expectations of her. Why wouldn't you come first? Especially pregnant, but really regardless. He's the one who is trying to control her by making her feel guilty. It sounds like he's got her wrapped up pretty tight, and the best thing you can do is ease the stress for her or else the rift will only grow bigger. Tell her that you don't want to come between them and that she is free to make her own decisions. You are going to need her a lot more in the coming weeks when your little one arrives. Hopefully she'll regain sight of her priorities by then. Try your best to show her that you are not the one who is asking her to choose between you and her BF.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• just back off you're a grown woman and you can handle it call a cab if you have to it's time to quit depending on mom all the time...just sayin'...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• How am I supposed to back off when I was never all up in her business in the first place? She lives with DH and I... I asked her to be there for me, not completely cut this man off, which she didn't do. She still went out with him and stuff. She never even said she had a problem with being with me. He is the one who has the issue, and now she is saying its true when she NEVER had a problem with it before he broke up with her. Get your facts right chica cause im not dependant on her I asked her for help
    Anonymous

• she's mad because he thinks it seemed like you were controlling her so she must of thought he understood why you needed her...but when he broke it off...all hell broke loose and the fault needed to be put somewhere. she could be just mad for getting broke up and now she needs to put the fault somewhere...????
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You mother, who is presumably older than you and has a half a chance of being more mature than you, and you're responding to this grade-8 level garbage as if it were important?

Your mom needs to grow up and take responsibility for her own choices, and unless she's held at gunpoint, whatever it is that she chose was her choice.

Perhaps she could find a grown-up man, while she's at it, one who is capable of understanding that there might be a time in the history of the universe when his current whims don't control everything that everyone on the planet does.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2009